Types of Elevators / Classification of Elevators
An elevator (or lift in the Commonwealth excluding Canada) is a type of vertical transport equipment that efficiently moves people or goods between floors (levels, decks) of a building, vessel or other structures. Elevators are generally powered by electric motors that either drive traction cables or counterweight systems like a hoist, or pump hydraulic fluid to raise a cylindrical piston like a jack.
There are three types of convoying methods in buildings, Elevators & Escalators & Ramps, and they have different dimensions and uses according to building type & number of users in it.
- According to hoist mechanism.
- According to building height. :- they are low rise , medium rise, high rise
- According to building type.
- According to elevator Location.
- According to Special uses.